01/10/2011

Been Croppin'

It was off to Cambridge today to meet up with some old and some new friends for Hilary and Ifa's crop.
Ifa had designd two lovely classes using the zingy Echo Park Happy Days collection.
This is layout one - we did some stamping and embossing for different elements of the page. I stamped the words beautiful summer- the swirly flourish at the top with the bird,and the little signpost.I loved this little signpost stamp.
Then it was on to the second layout...

There was more stamping to do if you wanted to on this one. I really liked Ifa's use of  smaller photos on these layouts,it reminded me that you don't always have to use bigger ones.Photobox don't do small ones - so I don't really use many. This made me get some paper and print my own and I'm really glad I did.
On a different note, whilst driving there and back today - just minding my own business - why is it everyone is always in such a hurry on the roads nowadays?, I'm probably sounding like a right old grump but honestly,the roads are like a bloomin ractrack aren't they?
I've just watched Strictly and now it's X Factor time- himself has just gone to get the takeaway curry - great way to spend a Saturday evening !


9 comments:

debs14 said...

Lovely pages, and I agree about using the smaller photos, I love the grid design especially.
Thanks for telling me about the crop, I really enjoyed it!

Sandra said...

It's nice when you see smaller photos as I think you get to the actual reason behind scrapping. Sometimes I think we get caught up more with embellishing.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Anonymous said...

Lovely pages and I stand back in awe at stamping straight onto a page!

Hilary J said...

Great to hear you enjoyed yourself. And your layouts are beautiful.

Sian said...

Lovely stuff! I love Ifa's style and your take on it too

scrappyjacky said...

I really like the stamping on the pages....I hardly ever stamp on scrap pages.....and must do more of it.

humel said...

Fabulous layouts :) I so have to find crops like this near where I live!! You seem to have such a good time, and always make something beautiful! xx

Alison said...

Lovely LOs..and how fun to get to play with some new 'goodies'!
Alison xx

Susanne said...

Great pages, you're a whiz at gathering embellishments!