19/10/2015

Me on a very grey cold October Monday

It was a very - it's good to be back but I wish it was better weather,shopping,dog hugging,out for a family celebration lunch sort of weekend for me.
We arrived back from our week away on Thursday evening,boy it was chilly! The boy had done us proud and had spoilt the dogs, kept the house tidy and even painted the kitchen!
It's nice to be able to get away for some re charging of batteries but it's always so nice to be back home ....
So it was back to himself going off to football full of optimism and back to me having a day to myself having lots of 'bits' to do but not really doing many of them Saturday.
The phone went at 5.30 pm and I was invited to join himself 'down the town' for a meal.
Not needing to be asked twice,I fed the dogs and was off..now, the reason I was summonsed was because he knew that if he came home and sat down after a day at football he would fall asleep in the chair so best to have a meal first!
'I fancy a mixed grill in the Greek' he said, so off we went. The last time we went there the portions were ridiculously big and it really puts me off so I asked if I could have a 'half portion of Moussaka '......this was it !!!

Pretty big half portion isn't it ! Mind you it was delicious
Sunday was a going out again to eat lunchtime - this time for Sister -in Law's birthday which was lovely

So quite a busy time back this weekend,now it's Monday morning and time I headed off to work.
I hope you all have a good Monday
I'm giving a wave to Sian today and hello to any other ' Me on Monday' readers - why not pop over to her blog to see what she's been up to.

7 comments:

Hilary J said...

Great to see you blogging again Denise.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

How lovely to come home to a freshly decorated kitchen. Have a great week.

debs14 said...

Welcome aboard Me on Monday! What a shock to the system after a week of Canary Island sunshine.
Don't blame you heading off for a meal - thank goodness you remembered how large their portion sizes were, that is one very large 'half' portion!
What a great surprise to come home to a newly decorated kitchen - and happy dogs. You have him well trained!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Welcome home. The weather is definitely changing here.
Rinda

Sian said...

It's so lovely to be giving you a wave this Monday :)

Deb said you had been having trouble commenting on my blog. I've changed it over from embedded to pop up window to see if that makes any difference. Please let me know if it does!

Have a great week

Susanne said...

Catching you at the end of the week, hope it has been a good one. Impressed with your boy's industriousness while you were away. I like easing back into things a bit at a time too.

Lizzy Hill said...

Sounds like a real 'foodies' weekend.....that half serve is HUGE!!! Great value:) Your weekend sounds like it went way too quick!! Waving away from Sian's!!