03/07/2010

Splatter paint on a layout ?????

Hmmmm,not something I'd really think of doing on one of my layouts,after all,the idea is to be all neat and orderly and have everything in it's place isn't it?So when the latest email idea came over from Camp Scrap - I didn't think I wanted to do it,not just splatter and make a mess.....can't be doing with all that .....but strangely enough, I really like it now I've done it !


I mixed up some bright green and gold acrylic paints and mixed quite a bit of water in so it was easier to splat and just went with it. I just had to do a little stamp in the corner- a Tim Holtz one and go round the edges with the paint..I think the squirly paper is Cosmo Cricket  or October Afternoon,but I'd cut the bit off the bottom ages ago and can't be sure what it is.

It's quite nice to have a page of the boys documenting them as they are now too......gorgeous sunny day today,enjoy your weekends...

6 comments:

Sian said...

It might be Cosmo Cricket from their Valentine range a couple of years ago? I think I have some somewhere. The paint looks great! Once you've tried it you'll want to keep on splatting :)

debs14 said...

Paint splattering? Who'd have thought?! Great effect, lovely layout of your lovely boys/men!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Ooooh! I don't 'do' mess either...I like everything to be just so!! But...I have just invested in some Glimmer Mist & am plucking up courage to go for it...so your paint splatters have inspired me...they look great...& again, fab stamping!!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the psint splatters....haven't got to that prompt yet...but will definately try it.

Ruth said...

I'm not one for paint, either, but it does look fab!

humel said...

It works so well! I need to give this a try too :-)