10/10/2010

Itty Bitty day

I've had one of those 'can't make my mind up what to do days' today. I think I'm always like this after a 'bad head' day..You'll be pleased to know the meal with friends went well....just one small thing. I'm sure that mums of grown up boys will understand this. Our middle son said during the evening that his friend was coming over - was leaving his car here and they were going out and then coming back here and his friend was staying the night -but he wasn't sure what time they would be in - 12 midnight or It could be 2.30 ish after the club closed depending on where they went.. so friend arrived - they had a chat with us and our friends and off they went.
Well, I know they are grown up and I know that when they are at Uni you don't give it another thought but when I woke in the early hours at 4.am and they weren't home I was a tad nervous....so after debating whether to or not,I texted his number to see if all was ok. Well, that was it then,I could not get back to sleep and the more I tried the worse I was .I know it's daft but you can't help it can you?  I heard the birds, I heard the paperboy and finally got up at 6 o.clock.Anyway to cut a long story short - we got a text back at 8.30 to say they had stayed at my other son's after meeting him out last night .....honestly ....boys .
So ...all was well in the end but mum was tired !
I made a little card this afternoon, he is a 'Magnolia' snowman stamp. I coloured him with Promarkers .
......P.S. How good was Robbie Williams on Strictly tonight ?? Loved it .

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I know just what you mean about worrying about them....I do it with DD....who's 25....and if she didn't live at home....I probably wouldn't think twice about where she was!!

Ruth said...

Oh, dear me, I've got all that to look forward to, haven't I?? I also thought Robbie was great on Strictly ... can see that the new voting system is going to bug me!

humel said...

Oh, poor you - glad you had a good evening, but sorry you had a bad night xx

Anonymous said...

Glad all was well and love your card. xxx

debs14 said...

It's not just me that has those kind of nights then! You try and think of all the logical reasons they aren't back and why they aren't answering their phone but you just can't relax. Such a horrible feeling. And while you are pacing the floor worrying, they are fast asleep in someone else's house with their phone on 'silent' - totally oblivious! Sorry you had all that stress after a nice evening - you will sleep well tonight! xxx

Sian said...

I never used to understand why my mum was always awake when I got back in - but I'm starting to get the idea!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh yes, those of us with older children have all had times like these! I hate the times when I'm already worried, send a text and get no reply... waiting... waiting... imagining all sorts of horrible things. Mothers!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Adorable card! And I fear I see my future in your post!
Rinda