11/07/2011

A quick sunny hello

I'm being a very lazy girl and am having a break in sunny Portugal - luckily my middle son has lent us his netbook so I've sneaked down to reception where there is a free wifi connection to have a swift surf ( is there such a thing !!) Anyway -himself has done his usual despite me nagging him the first day to be careful and looks like a patchy lobster- so he has had to wear his tee shirt and keep in the shade for two days. The weather is glorious and at last my eye is beginning to feel like it is my eye again and not a grit filled furnace. I think rest has had a lot to do with it. when you sit and think about it - you do use those computer screens lots don't you?
I missed going to the crop on Saturday and am missing my scissors and paper and 'licking and sticking' as himself calls it - but am taking lots of photos of random things...ready to catch up when we get back.
Hopefully the house is not too much of a mess - no doubt they will have a mega tidy the day before we get back...and all the washing will be done .......and apparently the fluffy bundle is not himself and not eating his dinners...I'm sure he is getting lots of cuddles though.
Will catch up with all your blogs very soon - must go- am going to try Monkfish and Prawn Cataplana tonight -Yum ( I hope) .

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you're having a relaxing time...and glad the eye is on the mend.

Alison said...

Glad the eye is on the mend..enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

We missed you on Saturday - teasing Jane was not the same without you!

debs14 said...

Lovely to see your blog flash up as having an update this morning! Pleased to hear that rest and relaxation is doing you good and that you are feeling better again. Have a brilliant time and have a vinho verde for me!

Scrappi Sandi said...

You lucky thing...I love Portugal!! Good to hear your eye infection is clearing..keep using those drops!! Can't say the Monkfish & Prawn excites me...I don't 'do' fish (unless it's white & in breadcrumbs!!) but I hope you enjoy it!! I go for Chicken Piri-Piri every time!! Your fluffy bundle will give you such a welcome back when you get home!!