14/01/2016

My Year My Story with Kaisercraft and Merly Impressions




Hello  everyone,
I'm sharing a layout here with some more inspiration from the fabulous My Year My Story Collection from Kaisercraft that I did for Merly Impressions this month.

005A























I went to the Royal Albert Hall for a ‘Christmas Singalong Concert’  just before Christmas with my friend and really wanted to document it. I decided to go for it and use the December paper and word from My Year My Story.
I took  some of the  papers from the 6 x 6  paper pad  and punched them into squares with a ‘postage stamp’ type punch and used them beside the photos  as part of the background.One of the designs was not what you would think of using for a Christmas layout – pineapples but I think it worked well  !
005

In the paper pad there were also some unusual self embossed papers with wording and designs – one of these ‘ Love Every Day’ I used by inking over the design with some Tattered Rose and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks. A quick rub with some kitchen roll or a tissue over the embossed wording made it stand out.
005AA
I also used one with a hexagon design which I  also inked  over to bring out the design – this time with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.I then  tucked it under the photo at the top.

I also used some sayings from the Collectables Pack on this layout.  I hope you’ve enjoyed this little preview of my layout using My Year My Story.

1 comments:

Susanne said...

Great page - I love that month die-cut as the title.