04/10/2012

A couple of cards

Do you ever get those times when you just want to sit and play with nice easy stuff ?
It's been busy this week what with getting back from hols and going back to work - a vat return to get done at home,and now we are off again to go to son's graduation.It's going to be a bit emotional as there is someone who won't be there this time- but I'm sure he will be around us somewhere.
It's a time to celebrate the good isn't it ?

Anyway,I digress- I sat down with a Kanban kit I bought a whole back and made a couple of cards and a layout.The bits were all there - nice and easy- it was just what I needed.I don't buy so many 'kits' like this now but this one is really pretty.


and here he is posing in his suit ready for the off two nights ago...he went off Tuesday - I hope he's got his cap and gown by now......

9 comments:

Sian said...

He looks so smart!

yes, in fact today would be a great day for something easy for me to do. Kits really do come into their own when you feel like something easy

scrappyjacky said...

I sometimes think I should buy more kits....it would save the hours spent pondering on what bits to use.
These are very pretty.

humel said...

Lovely work, Denise :) And congratulations to your boy! xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

I agree. Sometimes it's fun to create in an "easy" way.
Rinda

Scrappi Sandi said...

I agree that when you have a kit it's easy with limited choice & ready co-ordinated stuff! I love these projects, very pretty!! I'm taking part in a BP Class at the mo called 'kit-tastic' with May Flaum, which is all aimed at putting together kits from your own stash & getting the max out of them! I recommend it! Enjoy the grad' ceremony & yes 'You-Know-Who' will definitely be there with you! :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects Denise and your boy looks so smart but very tall!

debs14 said...

Doesn't he look handsome! Have a great time.

Lou said...

congratulation to your son. Lovely layout and cards x

Alison said...

Lovely projects Denise....enjoy the Graduation..and I'm sure you will feel your dad's presence on the day!
[[hugs]]
Alison xx