12/01/2011

Blogging - what's blogging?



Our house is always buzzing with grown up boys (well - when there is a break from Uni ) ...there is always one of their friends popping in to talk about last night's game or one popping in to borrow trainers or one popping in to drop tickets for games off - etc etc etc  !.
Our 19 year old is very friendly with the lad over the road who often comes over for a chat or to watch a football game on Sky...
So last night we were in the lounge after dinner in our respective places and I heard the comment from my 19 year old's friend-"Den's on the internet - bet she's shopping " To which my 19 year old replied "no mate -she's blogging " (mate seems to be the in thing to say at the moment)....
So- 19 year old's friend came out with "blogging - what's blogging?"- Cue raised eyebrows all round...
It got me round to thinking that I would be so lost without my blog hops and 'chats' most evenings and how could anyone not know about blogs and blogging ?
It's funny how things change isn't it - a couple of years ago blogging was pretty new and occasionally I would maybe find a crafty blog or two after following links from shops- but now it's part of my everyday life and I would really miss my friends in blogland if they weren't there.I can't wait to sit down in the evening and catch up with everyone.
I so love the way we all know bits about each other's lives, laugh about the funny silly things that happen and join in those fabby craft projects and hop all over the world to see each other's creations- and we all do it with an amount of respect for each other too - sad ? - no- I love it .

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read you blog Denise and how could anyone under 100 not know what a blog is?

Sian said...

Ha! Teenagers don't know as much as they think they do!

I'd be lost without it now too - and I do love to come here :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love it too, Denise. :o) I remember a little over two years ago when Carrie told me I needed to have my own blog and I asked the same thing: "What's a blog." Little did I know how much blogging would change my life. It's pretty amazing, isn't it?

Ruth said...

See, teenagers don't know everything! I love all my blogland friends and, just occasionally, I even meet some of them!!

Ann said...

I love blogging too but is it an age thing? Neither of my teenage daughters is the least bit interested! They are addicted to Facebook instead.

Scrappi Sandi said...

Hear Hear!! I agree...Blogging is so social & so much better than tweeting & facebook!!!

scrappyjacky said...

I totally agree....it's probably our version of Facebook [which my kids spend hours on]...but much,much better!!!

Lizzie said...

Well, I can forgive my cousin (aged 59) asking "What's Blogging?"... but 19? Oooh... Teens haven't taken over the cyber-world after all!

I love blogging too, Denise. I like to read blogs, to keep up with my "blog friends" and their interesting lives, to share moans and groans, crafty projects, bloggy ideas, news and views... it's just fun. Wonder what I did before I had a blog?
To (mis)quote a famous ad. "Keep on Blogging!"

jordiegirl said...

Yes I think teenagers are more into Facebook which I really can't be bothered with to be honest. My niece (although she is now 21) even had the cheek to say that Facebook is not for fossils!!!!! They seem to think blogging isn't the thing to do they'd rather just make odd comments on Facebook.

At one time it was all MSN, then it was MySpace, now it's either Facebook or Twitter.

Much prefer it here, we seem to be more civilised and polite - must be an age thing so I think I'll have to say bloggin isn't for teenagers and get my own back.

knitalatte said...

Ha Ha Ha! Too funny. I Heart Blogging so much, can't believe a little over a year ago, I too didn't have a clue.
Now I gotta check in with my bloggin friends and see what they are up to. So fun!

humel said...

What a lovely post, Den - I can echo all you say about what blogging means to you, and how it feels to be part of this community xx

karen said...

how weird I wrote about the world of blogging today.I got a massive parcel from a lady in Singapore with remedies for my back.It cost her $20 just to send it!!! And she only knows me from my blog.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

I'm totally with you on this one Denise - Blogging rocks!! I'm 66 years young, and have been blogging for almost 2 years and I love it. Your feelings about it are "spot-on", and I too am rather taken aback when someone asks "what's blogging"?!!! HUgs, Sylvia xxx