09/03/2011

4 x 6 Photo Love

I downloaded the instructions for the first of Shimelle's free class - '4 x 6 Photo Love last month but didn't get round to doing a layout.
So when I received the reminder for the second one- as I'm on my own at home I decided to settle myself down and make a page.
I've had the Basic Grey Curio papers sitting on my desk so  decided to use them.
When we went Harrogate for that famous class with Mr Holtz,we arrived the day before the class and went to Betty's famous Tea Rooms for afternoon tea- and I thought it would be nice to scrap some of the photos.
I always think that unless there are people in photos they are boring but I promised myself I would 'document' life this year and try to capture all aspects of my life.
So here's the page, I used the Basic Grey and my favourite stamp of the moment, a flower by 'Hero Arts'.
I'm amazed at the amount of green I'm using lately, not my colour at all but there are a few shades around at the moment that I actually like!

Anyone else  watch this on Sky Alibi ? I love it ...

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I tend to nearly always have people on my pages as well....but it's lovely to document a visit like this....and I love those colours....ones I use a lot.
Oh.....and I'm totally addicted to Castle!!

Ruth said...

Good to have peopleless photos, otherwise there's a tendancy to say, "Who's that?" instead of "Where is that?". And photographing the ordinary/everyday/unusual is what PL is all about, I reckon. x

humel said...

Great layout, Denise! Love all the details :-)

So many of my photos DON'T have people in.... If I only scrapped people I'd soon run out of photos to scrap at all! I am trying to remedy that a bit this year though! xx

Anonymous said...

love the page and you know my views - the next best thing to people in pages is cakes!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love those flowers.
Rinda

debs14 said...

I know what you mean, I'm a people photo person myself. But this is just perfect for documenting your trip. Great layout, I think this is going to be a good class, but I'm not sure how the 12 pic layout in Dec will look!

Sian said...

Yes, I'm wondering about the 12 pic page like Deb!

You have captured the flavour of Harrogate so perfectly in this layout Denise - I'm a fan of green so you had me hooked from the start.

I was very touched by the comment you shared with me on Sunday. Thank you.

Scrappi Sandi said...

I absolutely love this LO! The photo's are stunning & I think it's great to document a memory & not include people in it! After all it's what you remember about the place that counts here...we know you were there & you can always name names in the journaling!!

I don't watch Castle as yaet...I do love alibi though, but at the mo I'm addicted to Murdoch, & Monk over on Universal!!! Gotta love a bit of crime solving!!!

dianapena8 said...

Your layout is beautiful, I like the pics that you added, especially because I'm in a document my life phase right now.
=Di-TST