24/06/2011

Hooky Happenings

I'm at it again- In order to get my oldies photo box out the other day for a cybercrop layout I had to move mountains of krud  a few little bits out of the way and one of them was a crochet book ...you know how it is - I ended up sitting on the floor surrounded by dog, photos and other bits and pieces and flicked through this book .....
I  remember seeing this blanket when I bought the book - but it worked out ridiculously expensive so I shelved the idea- and  I couldn't find a colour near to it in another range........anyway - I got the bug again and have decided to order a few balls at a time as I go along....
This is the blanket -isn't it just gorgeous?
this is the book it came from -
I've also decided to make one of these for taking away in the summer .....

but I 'm going to make it in blue ... three squares done so far ...hope I get it done before our hols ... it might be just nice to sling over my shoulder with bits in on holiday...
there are about 27 squares to make so I reckon I might get a few done if I have a bit of a blitz over the weekend... watch this space !!... Not too confident about the sewing of the inside bit though .....

10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

They are both gorgeous...good luck with them.

Lou said...

looks like a super book. I love crochet and have just lined a bag i finished months ago...you have insired me to make another one :)

Sian said...

Wow! I can't wait to see your bag when it's finished - it's going to have a real holiday feel to it

Sandra said...

I'm truly in awe of you and all your talent. I took a crochet class a while back and at the time it clicked but as soon as I got home and was left on my own, that's it I was lost.

Anonymous said...

Love the bag but that blanket is just stunning. So textural and I love the muted colours.

Maria Ontiveros said...

That blanket is gorgeous! I love the color. And what a super fun bag. Good luck with it!
Rinda

Alison said...

What a beautiful blanket...and the bag looks cool too! I bought a crochet needle while back in the Uk, hoping to make some crochet doillies and flowers..wonder if I'll ever get around to it!
Alison xx

humel said...

Oh, wow - both projects look lovely, can't wait to see your versions of them!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Love that bag pattern & good luck with the lining!!

debs14 said...

Love the look of that bag, just perfect for the holiday! You'll be fine with the lining, but if you need an extra pair of hands, you know where I am!