15/06/2011

Patchwork cards courtesy of Mel from ATDML

After doing the class on Saturday where we made a lovely patchwork heart with pieces of paper- I was intrigued to see this post today by Mel who designed the class. The papers were Emma's Shoppe and I loved the combination she used (I'm not a lover of the crosswordy type paper in that collection - only because I can never seem to find anything that I could use it on....anyway - as I need a card for a friend's birthday this week I decided to rummage through my tote and find the scraps from the class - there were actually quite a few to play with. Once I started I thought ..hmmm just another one so I've got one ready if I need one - and I ended up making four ...I used an old favourite Happy Birthday Penny Black stamp and some self adhesive paper lace .



So - that was a really good idea of Mel's to use scraps up and I've now got 4 cards in reserve if I need them...Not brilliant photos I know but it's late and I took them with my phone .

8 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Gorgeous! I love the tall one.
Rinda

Rachel Brett said...

They are very pretty :)

Sian said...

They are gorgeous!

debs14 said...

Those papers just work the patchwork theme perfectly. Love those cards!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Denise ~ I have a local friend who makes beautiful pieces using scraps in her stash, making them look like a patchwork quilt. Your pieces are lovely, and this looks like such a great way to use up some of those small pieces that I can't bring myself to throw away! xo

knitalatte said...

Your cards came out so pretty! I love the butterflies...

Anonymous said...

Love those cards Denise - I still need to finish my lo from the class but am 90% there.

Amy said...

The patchwaork effect is so striking Denise, a beautiful card! :-)