30/10/2009

Another tag and a card



After seeing some wonderful creations on some of the blogs I hop to on my travels, I decided to buy some stamps and a book by this lady Wendy Vecchi. I've made a tag inspired by one in her book and am pretty darn pleased with the way it turned out!I bought a couple of the latest Mabel Lucie Attwell stamps too and made a card with one of them.I used distress inks for the card and coloured the images in with the inks and used a glaze pen to give it a bit of a lift in places. The Wendy Vecchi inspired tag was distress inks again. I stamped the butterfly onto grungeboard and inked it,then went over it with a gold dabber.The background was stamped with one of Tim Holtz's music notes stamps but it smudged a bit when I sprayed it!Don't think there's anything more to say apart from the fact that I am enjoying myself lately...

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm loving the tag! The card is very sweet but not really my cup of tea. See you in class Monday!

debs14 said...

Mabel Lucie Atwell so reminds me of my childhood. Mum used to have a shopping list board that was by her and I still remember the rhyme printed on it!
Shopping will be easy
If you will insist
That when you're running short of things
They're put down on this list
'twill save a lot of time in town
If everything is jotted down!
How's that for a memory!

Andrea said...

great pieces Denise and hope you keeping well, i only get to pop on your blog when you have been on mine as stupid me never hangs on to your blog address, take care x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love the card with Mabel on ! Glad you like the stamps:)
Jennie

Unknown said...

Fab work hun ... I LOVE that tag!