02/08/2010

Granny's Growing

I've been hooking away this weekend,and at work today in my lunch hour.This granny stripe is growing very nicely and I am really loving it. Eldest son and his girlfriend want a blanket for snuggling into on their sofa so I think this is gonna be the one for them.The  ripple is still a work in progress but is getting so big now- it's not so easy  to take it to work and bring home every day to work on at lunch time.I so wanted to start on the granny stripe too...I started off with 240 chains and it is looking like it will be a good size when it's done.
It's a nice pattern as once you get going you can sit and watch the tv and hook away nicely.It's amazing - when I was younger - all those years ago -and lived at home and when I was first married I was always crocheting but only the normal squares joined up or a big square that just grew and grew until you needed more than a ball to get right round. I did the occasional cottony thing but not that much.Now - there are so many great ideas out there on the net to find and so much inspiration it's great to be really back into it again..
and then on to one of the last layouts from Camp Scrap....this is using Girls Paperie again, my cousin and his wife and me and other half went out for a curry for aour burthdays.His is the day before mine. We'd had a  really fun evening, the Indian restaurant always plays 70's music and creates a great atmosphere. We  went back to their house for a cuppa and it was a cold evening so we got her blanket out and sat there with our cups of tea  gossipping and giggling like Maud and Mavis !



7 comments:

knitalatte said...

You go girl! Great progress on your Granny stripe blanket. Love the color changes. Its so fun to watch them grow.

humel said...

Love the expression 'hooking away'...! Great crochet and lovely layout xx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Gorgeous Granny!!! Fab LO too!!

Lorna May said...

Hello, Thanks for dropping by my blog :) Love your layout.
As a beginner to crochet I am VERY jealous of your granny stripes, love the colours :)

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

It looks great! Your son can be really proud of his mom!

Bye!
Annemarie

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Your crochet is looking brilliant and will be perfect for snuggling under on the sofa when finished.

MarieAnge said...

The blanket promises of nice cozy evenings snuggled up watching TV while hooking. Gorgeous colors!

Angel