07/08/2010

'Lovely Day'

As in the words of that brilliant Bill Withers song - I've had such a 'lovely day' today.
It was the monthly crop day run by the two lovely Karens who are Eclectic Keepsakes. This month the class was a brilliant mini book based on the theme of Alice in Wonderland designed by Karen Cole. It really appealed to me as there were so many bits of embellishments and tags and lots of stamping - (If you wanted to do lots) which I love and roses to paint and vellum to stamp ,etc etc. We started off in the morning doing our own thing - I actually got a layout done - it's more or less the same as another one I did a week or so ago for Camp Scrap but I love this Girls Paperie so much I wanted to use it again.
...and then we moved on to the mini book. I've got the book constructed, the cover done and a couple of the pages so I can show you what I've done so far ...
this page was made from two pages with the front one having the middle cut out and then vellum inserted and a playing card under the vellum...and the two then stuck together.
So as you can see a fun day indeed - and now we are going to have a nice Indian take away - himself has gone to pick up a take away for us and two boys - yum can't wait !

7 comments:

knitalatte said...

Denise,
Your mini book is so cute. I love Alice in wonderland. All the great illustrations mixed with your photos looks fantastic..The Butterfly & Bow really add to give it texture. Looks to me like you had great fun with this project. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comment about my staycation post. Yes, it was everything I described and more!

Ruth said...

I love the look of your minibook ~ totally gorgeous! And I recognise those Scrapagogo photos ...

scrappyjacky said...

The mini book looks great.....I love anything Alice.

debs14 said...

It certainly is a lovely little book! Looking forward to seeing some of the other pages when you have finished it. Yours looked so professional with all the extra stamping etc. I really must learn to be more patient and try not to rush through it! Yours is proof that with a little extra thought you can turn something good into something great!

Sian said...

Oh, what a gorgeous minibook. We were watching Alice on DVD last night and I was just thinking about all that inspiration. This is beautiful.

Scrappi Sandi said...

That mini book is a lovely project...so much detail involved! I love the LO too...that page design is so well balanced & shows off the photo's perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Wow Denise - loving that mini and the little Denise touches you have put on it. Glad you had a lovely day.